Talk

Advanced search

Dad becoming incontinent at night what pants should I get which will hold etc

(2 Posts)
yohoohoo Fri 24-Mar-17 09:49:57

My Dad is 85 lives on his own and is unstable on his legs and walks with a frame. He uses urine bottles at night as it is too much for him to get to the bathroom. He's just fractured his ankle as well so that hasnt help matters.

Problem we have at the moment is hes waking 2-3 times a night to wee time he gets up to get his bottle he's more or less done it...every morning bed is having tk be washed and he is having to bed changed.

Daytime doesnt seem too much of a problem but night time isnt great.

My brother is staying and helping him out at the moment ... he dies have a carer morning and evening to help but with the ankle situation needs more help
But my brother is having to get up 2-3 per night plus strip wash his bedding and him its becoming a nightmare.

He needs to wear something at night...im thinking when the carer comes at night before bed to put it on him the in the morning to take it off.

Ive messaged dads OT to see if she can help but Im going to go yo Asda or Boots today to get something in the meantime...can anyone help or give advice

maggienolia Mon 10-Apr-17 12:41:55

Poor dad. Have you talked to the GP to rule out diabetes / prostate issues?

Short term the highest absorbancy Tena pants may help - I have a lady who weed for a whole day in one and it still held. A kylie underpaid would be a good backup.

Long term I'd be talking to the continence nurses as they will know the best products around. They will also be able to help if he gets sore and needs Cavilon or similar.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now