Talk

Advanced search

Where would be a good place to look for homecare

(3 Posts)
FlourishingMrs Sun 19-Feb-17 15:47:24

Hi Everyone, where would you look for care for anelderly person who wants to stay living in their own home but needs help with washing and dressing, medication reminders etc

Astro55 Sun 19-Feb-17 15:51:22

My sister owes this for private clients - she's paid minimum wage - but no agency fees

She will spend the full hour with the person and often shops for them beforehand - cooks puts a wash on - takes the dog for walks or has them if they are in hospital etc

Plenty of mums at home who want a few hours work

NannyR Sun 19-Feb-17 16:01:14

My great uncle had carers come in to help with stuff like that, I think he had four visits a day - they helped him get up and dressed and sorted out breakfast, heated up his lunch (that we got delivered from the meals on wheels service), made him a sandwich at teatime then helped him get ready for bed.
We went through the council (I think, it could have been a social worker though), he was assessed to see what his needs were, then the actual carers came from a private agency. He got the first few weeks for free then he paid a weekly rate to the council.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now