Advanced search

Finding a carer/assistant for a young person with a disability?

(6 Posts)
hellokittymania Tue 14-Jul-15 16:56:43

Where in the world do I look? The council gave me a link to a Home care site, but I need other help too (going out to certain places, with schoolwork, etc)

I need to find someone privately, but with a DBS check etc. I don't want to ask on gumtree or anything like that.

BiscuitMillionaire Tue 14-Jul-15 16:59:34

You could check the Scope website for info or phone them for advice.

3lovelykids Tue 28-Jul-15 16:17:36

You could try the young persons school if they still attend as quite often special school staff also care for children out of hours. Hope that helps smile

Welshmamma Fri 10-Mar-17 22:12:30

Get in touch with Penderels xx

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Fri 10-Mar-17 22:17:35

The thread's from 2015, I expect the OP's found someone.

Welshmamma Sat 11-Mar-17 18:25:06

Thought it might be useful for anyone else lol x I have just set up direct payments which is how I found this thread x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: