Advanced search

I need some local 'carer buddies' for when I take my Dad can I find some?

(5 Posts)
MushroomSoup Mon 24-Dec-12 20:58:57

Where are you?

Pagwatch Sat 01-Dec-12 21:22:45

Yy. Good idea.

NormaSnorks Sat 01-Dec-12 21:17:40

Actually - I could contact the local Parkinson's group - hadn't thought that...

Pagwatch Sat 01-Dec-12 21:12:12

There are carers groups in lots of areas. I would ask at your GP surgery.
I am trying to think about the support groups I know about but I think I get lots of stuff via ds2s school.
I will look at some of the stuff i have and post again if I find any links.

Not much help. Sorry.

NormaSnorks Sat 01-Dec-12 21:07:46

My elderly father has parkinson's and dementia, and if I take him out e.g. to the garden centre/ shopping centre/ National Trust tea-shop etc I now find it quite stressful and lonely, as he doesn't really talk, and sometimes I struggle to manage everything on my own.

I feel it would be great if I could find someone in a similar situation, and then we could push wheelchairs together and have a natter?

But I have no idea how to find someone in the same situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now