Talk

Advanced search

Stage 0 in the middle back seat

(9 Posts)
MillyMollyMoo Sat 20-Mar-10 20:59:35

Does this generally work ? I seem to remember we used to put the baby seat behind the driver or the passenger seat but this time I will have 4 children only one of which will need a booster and one in a baby seat so to save fights I am considering one either side of the baby and one in the front.
Does that sound ok ?

Surprise Sat 20-Mar-10 21:04:31

I think it depends on whether you have a proper seat belt in the middle. If it's just a lap belt, then no, I wouldn't.

MillyMollyMoo Sat 20-Mar-10 21:05:46

No it'll be a three point harness seat belt.
Shame I can't find one with three isofix points we can afford

mowcop Sat 20-Mar-10 21:08:46

we were told the safest place was in the middle of the middle row. Logistically it has always worked out well for us, but it can be a bit of a mither fastening it in and getting it in and out.

Loopymumsy Sun 21-Mar-10 06:51:36

Message withdrawn

MillyMollyMoo Sun 21-Mar-10 10:55:37

No I would have to belt it in everytime but compared to fighting children or buying an 8 seater it seems the simplest solution if it's safe.
I've a while to go yet, just gone into nesting "I want everything ready" mode this weekend.
Unfortunately that includes a new car and full decoration lol

Loopymumsy Sun 21-Mar-10 11:02:01

Message withdrawn

Flame Sun 21-Mar-10 11:16:56

having tried a few weeks with the big 2 next to each other... DD2 is now firmly in the middle to stop the hitting and hair pulling.

sazm Tue 23-Mar-10 14:33:06

we our babyseat in the middle,
it wouldnt fit on one side with a 2 hi-backed boosters.
it fit in the middle perfectly.
we left it in the car though as it was pain to lift in/out,only time it was a problem was when he got bigger,wasnt so easy to slide him in/out.
he is now in the middle in a forward facing seat and it fits great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »