Talk

Advanced search

Do you strap your booster seat into car when not in use?

(9 Posts)
Daffodilly Mon 15-Mar-10 21:39:04

If you have a booster seat or high back booster that is secured with the regular adult seat belt, what do you do when it is not in use (i.e. child not in car, but seat is)? Do you secure it in with the belt everytime or just leave it loose in the back of the car?

Asking as I assume leaving it loose in back would be dangerous in the event of a crash - but belting it in everytime seems quite a hassle.

RubysReturn Mon 15-Mar-10 21:41:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Mon 15-Mar-10 21:41:57

err, no it has never even occurred to me to strap it in when not in use tbh!

chicaguapa Mon 15-Mar-10 21:43:18

I don't but I know I should.

Ripeberry Mon 15-Mar-10 21:58:36

The highback chairs have a safety strap on the back (Graco). I usualy use this, but it would make sense to strap them in as you don't want one of them hitting you in a crash.

Daffodilly Mon 15-Mar-10 22:00:53

Just asking as I am trying to figure out which seat to get DD now she is growing out of her current seat.

Loopymumsy Thu 18-Mar-10 15:04:47

Message withdrawn

kiwichika Fri 19-Mar-10 19:54:51

The one i have for ds is an isofix one so i dont need to.
My friend has a maxi cosi booster for her dd and it has a little plastic bar on elastic at the back that u hook under the cars headrest which prevents it from flying through the car in an accident when child not in it.

kiwichika Fri 19-Mar-10 20:04:32

her booster is a 'Maxi cosi Rodi xp'. Having the little 'anchor' bar saves the hasstle of strapping in everytime or if u have isofix i would recomend my ds's seat 'britax kidfix' he loves it and it has nice deep headrest so when he sleeps hes well supported.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »