Talk

Advanced search

Car seat for 9 months to 11 years

(3 Posts)
Househunter Sun 14-Feb-10 10:38:03

Can anyone recommend a car seat which does well on safety testing for 9 months to 11 years? My dd (21 months) is very tall and we need a car seat for a second car. We already have a 9 month to 4 years (Maxi Cosi PrioriFix) which I am happy with but I can't see it lasting till she is 4, so I'd like one that will last a bit longer.

Thanks for any advice.

Househunter Sun 14-Feb-10 10:41:43

Was wondering about this sort of thing but don't know how safe they are supposed to be....www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65+475_10751_-1_14571_96553_10001_14571

Carseatcrazy Mon 15-Feb-10 09:44:29

Hi Househunter. If it's of any interest to you, I have a Recaro Young sport for sale that I have only used on one occassion. I did a lot of research when we were looking, and it seemed to come out very well. But then I found some additional research about rearfacing seats, and we decided to keep our son rearfacing until he's 4 (or as long as we can), so this seat is sat unused in the way. (I have now got two rearfacing seats, so we desperately need to clear a bit of space!) I must confess, I wouldn't advocate using forward facing until your dd is a bit older, but this seat lasts until 12. I would like £90 for it, given that it costs £145 newm and we have used it on one ocassion (and I can 100% vouch that is has NEVER been involved in any accident of any sort) Let me know if it's of interest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »