Talk

Advanced search

JANE STRATA- anyone got one? please help!

(4 Posts)
missymum Fri 29-Jan-10 18:04:49

Am really struggling with the length of the straps in this carseat and cannot believe how tight/ short. they are. My 8wk old dd weighs about 10ib and if wearing an all in one over her clothes i cannot do the 5 point harness up. in this weather it just would not work to not use a coat and how the hell does a bigger baby fit in it? am i missing something here? please help !

missymum Fri 29-Jan-10 20:00:30

help!

nicm Fri 29-Jan-10 22:10:43

don't have this seat but you shouldn't use a snow suit in a car seat or a big coat. the straps would not be tight enough in an accident. with ds i used a cosy toes on his maxi cosi cabrio-but this was very thin and now in his two way elite i put a blanket over him in the car and a hat on. hth

missymum Sat 30-Jan-10 15:48:10

thanks. i can see it would be safer not to use an all in one. i still think a larger baby would struggle to fit in these straps though which is why i am wondering if i am doing something wrong with the strap adjustment, it has a five point harness instead of the standard 3 which means there aren't enough holes in the back of most cosytoes, hence why i resorted to a snow suit which i will have to stop doing.
has anyone else found this tricky with a jane strata? it seems that a baby has to get cold during transfer to pram otherwise??!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »