Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any suggestions for a rf seat for Vauxhall Vivaro Van

(9 Posts)
Carseatcrazy Tue 03-Nov-09 09:54:11

Hello everyone, I've got a quandry. We are desperately looking for a rf seat for my little one that will fit in my dh's van (Vauxhall Vivaro). I've rung up the ladies in essex and numerous other providers and so far have drawn a blank. Can anyone recommend anything?

(my besafe izi combi that I have in my car is too close to the dash - apparently has to either touch or be 25cm away. britax 2we won't work because the van seats are fixed and we can't wedge it up against the dashboard. britax multiway's foot prop isn't long enough...and so it goes on....aggrrrr Any suggestions?.....If we can't find anything we'll just have to not use the van, cos I can't think of putting him ff, but it would be so useful to be able to use both......

nicm Tue 03-Nov-09 14:50:04

hi not sure but have you called www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk. we got our seat from them and they are v helpful. good luck

nicm Tue 03-Nov-09 14:52:00

hi not sure but have you called www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk. we got our seat from them and they are v helpful. good luck

Carseatcrazy Tue 03-Nov-09 14:56:54

Yep, thanks nicm, but I've spoken to them, and they couldn't help me unfortunately

nicm Tue 03-Nov-09 20:21:17

oops. don't know whay i posted twice!! if they don't know i doubt anyone will! have you tried adventuredad from www.carseat.se? he is good with seats apparently.

jocie Wed 04-Nov-09 12:48:45

iof you cant find a suitable rf and decide to go ff you could try the kiddy pro one as thats supposed to be the safest ff and fits in practally everything.

Adventuredad Sat 07-Nov-09 12:41:07

My recommendation would be a Britax Hi-Way in the front seat. I assume you can deactivate airbag?! The support leg probably won't reach which doesn't matter as this seat is great leaning against seat in front or dashboard. It's the same for Multi Tech, if support leg doesn't reach then lean against seat in front or dashboard. It's extremely safe and how we have been installing RF car seats in Sweden since 1965.

Professionals who install Hi-Way or Multi Tech do so by using foot prop but also lean against seat in front for even more stability.

Carseatcrazy Mon 09-Nov-09 09:01:10

Thanks Adventuredad - the problem we've got is the dash is a long way from the front seat, and being a van the seat is a bench seat and is not moveable Do you think the hi-way would still work?

aday167 Fri 05-Dec-14 14:11:58

Found this thread 5 years on lol. I'm having the same problem with my Oh van. Did you ever find a rf seat suitable? Thanks..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now