Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do we need ISO fix carseats for twins?

(2 Posts)
londonlottie Sun 25-Oct-09 11:40:14

Message withdrawn

BertieBotts Sun 25-Oct-09 11:51:13

I think you are right about leaving the carseats in the car. So I have a few thoughts on this.

- If you do decide you want the carseat bases to clip them into the car you can get bases which fix with the seatbelts rather than ISOfix if you want.

- I have a pushchair which does not accommodate a carseat and have found it absolutely fine - if DS is sleeping I put him into the pushchair as quickly/smoothly as I can and he soon drops off again once I start pushing him.

- Also I have a carseat which is non-isofix and it's really not hard or time consuming to strap it in with the seatbelt. However if I leave it in the car and take DS in and out a few times it does loosen the seatbelt so if you are leaving it in the car a fixed one might be better, or you will be having to adjust it all the time.

- Have you thought about convertible seats which go from newborn to about age 4? They are designed to stay in the car and are much bigger than a standard newborn seat, but they will save you money in the long run as they cost about the same as the 9 month-4 years seats. These would be fixed in place as well so you wouldn't have the seatbelt loosening issue. I would definitely say this is something to look into if you will only be using one car and plan to leave the seats in the car at all times.

However I know in Switzerland they use rearfacing seats for a lot longer than they do here so the convertible seats might not exist (here they are designed to go rear facing until 13kg and then turn around) - someone on here might know though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now