Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone used a footmuff on their car seat?

(7 Posts)
ButtercupWafflehead Wed 21-Oct-09 15:01:29

Hi! I'm just thinking about buying the coordinating footmuff for our car seat, in the hope that I will be able to zip/unzip and have done with it rather than faff about with snowsuits etc on the transfer in and out of the car.

Can anyone recommend a certain one? Are they worth the money? (am scoping eBay for second hand at the moment anyway,)

Thanks!

nicm Wed 21-Oct-09 18:43:58

hi yes i had a maxi cosi one for ds in his cabrio. got it for about £20 from germany on ebay. they are great as all ds needed was a hat and sometimes an extra blanket if it was really cold. saves messing with the snowsuit

CarGirl Wed 21-Oct-09 18:48:53

Yes I had a mothercare one that did up with velcro at the front. It was great. Thick cardi and a hat, then if she fell asleep in the car seat and I brought her in the house I could whip off hat and fold back footmuff to ensure she didn't overheat.

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 21-Oct-09 19:40:18

Thanks for the replies - it's helpful to know it would get used as intended.

Off to eBay to fight the hordes!

beaniesinthepumpkinagain Fri 23-Oct-09 11:11:37

Dinky buggy snuggles are good, some have an integrated hood, i loved dd in hers!

clarea1 Mon 02-Nov-09 20:54:21

My mothercare car seat came with a footmuff but it had a note saying not to use when using as car seat, only when using in chasis as pushchair type bit. I've no idea why this was but being a new first time mum i stuck rigidly to the instructions!

Washersaurus Mon 02-Nov-09 20:58:57

I don't think you are supposed to use them in the car as the extra padding affects the fit of the straps, same goes for snowsuits and big padded coats - they could result in safety compromise in event of a crash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now