Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Anyone used a footmuff on their car seat?

(7 Posts)
ButtercupWafflehead Wed 21-Oct-09 15:01:29

Hi! I'm just thinking about buying the coordinating footmuff for our car seat, in the hope that I will be able to zip/unzip and have done with it rather than faff about with snowsuits etc on the transfer in and out of the car.

Can anyone recommend a certain one? Are they worth the money? (am scoping eBay for second hand at the moment anyway,)

Thanks!

nicm Wed 21-Oct-09 18:43:58

hi yes i had a maxi cosi one for ds in his cabrio. got it for about £20 from germany on ebay. they are great as all ds needed was a hat and sometimes an extra blanket if it was really cold. saves messing with the snowsuit

CarGirl Wed 21-Oct-09 18:48:53

Yes I had a mothercare one that did up with velcro at the front. It was great. Thick cardi and a hat, then if she fell asleep in the car seat and I brought her in the house I could whip off hat and fold back footmuff to ensure she didn't overheat.

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 21-Oct-09 19:40:18

Thanks for the replies - it's helpful to know it would get used as intended.

Off to eBay to fight the hordes!

beaniesinthepumpkinagain Fri 23-Oct-09 11:11:37

Dinky buggy snuggles are good, some have an integrated hood, i loved dd in hers!

clarea1 Mon 02-Nov-09 20:54:21

My mothercare car seat came with a footmuff but it had a note saying not to use when using as car seat, only when using in chasis as pushchair type bit. I've no idea why this was but being a new first time mum i stuck rigidly to the instructions!

Washersaurus Mon 02-Nov-09 20:58:57

I don't think you are supposed to use them in the car as the extra padding affects the fit of the straps, same goes for snowsuits and big padded coats - they could result in safety compromise in event of a crash.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: