Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you clean yours???

(8 Posts)
skinsl Wed 14-Oct-09 21:51:10

Seriously, does anyone have a carseat where the cover comes off so you can wash it?
How do you get inside to get the discarded raisins etc?

I have tried my best to clean it, but it really is all nooks and crannies, really don't want to take it apart too much for safety reasons!

loomer Wed 14-Oct-09 22:13:27

Yep, my maxi-cosi Rodi has a cover which comes off (in parts) and can be scrubbed in the bath (no machine washing, more's the pity). Previous (baby) seat (also maxi-cosi) also had removable covers... but they are a bit of a b*gger to get off and back on again. You need to set aside a good half hour.

Alternatively, have you tried hoovering raisins with narrow nozzle-type attachment? Doesn't work for wee though hmm.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 14-Oct-09 22:16:06

maxi-cosi priori - take off and shove in washing machine (although it says not to)

geordieminx Wed 14-Oct-09 22:22:49

I have been meaning to do this for ages - just got a new car - put seat in and it is vile - I'm actually embarassed at how minging it it.

sazm Wed 14-Oct-09 22:27:00

ooh,i have a bit of an obsession with washing ours,i wash them every couple of months,i stick the covers in the washing machine and wipe down the plastic with anti-bac cleaner and kitchen roll,
i do hate the maxi-cosi cabrio though,its a nightmare to get back together(hence why my suncanopy is lying in the bottom of the wardrobe!)

Cadmum Wed 14-Oct-09 22:29:55

I take the cover off and wash on a cold, short cycle. I then use a mild soapy water to clean the rest of the seat. The only tricky bit can be putting the harness back together properly. (12 years of experience has made me an expert though I don't recommend that method.)

childminder Thu 15-Oct-09 09:11:11

t's simple, don't allow any eating and drinking! I don't, apart from water.

I am a childminder and I can't believe how disgusting some of the car seats are that parents leave here, mind you, so is the inside of their cars with discarded wrappers, crisps, etc, it makes me shudder!

I wash my covers only after wee accidents, I vacuum them when the car is cleaned as they get bits of fluff and stuff in the seams, but otherwise they look good as new.

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Thu 15-Oct-09 09:15:21

You're supposed to clean them? blush grin

I try not to give DS food when he's in his - we've got the Maxi-Cosi PrioriFix and it's a total nightmare to get the covers off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now