Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does anyone know hoe to recline the Britax KidFix?

(6 Posts)
Janieroberts Wed 14-Oct-09 16:29:15

I've just purchased a Britax KidFix which is apparently reclinable but I just cannot work out how as the instructions are just not at all clear. Any ideas???

JanJanJanJan Wed 14-Oct-09 21:31:09

If I remember rightly, there is a lever under the front of the seat, where the childs legs would go. You press it up/down accordingly.

nomeshome Fri 16-Oct-09 16:19:32

Hi, did you find out? I'm having the same problem. I don't think there's a lever but maybe I am missing something.

Ixia Sat 17-Oct-09 09:09:15

We also bought the Kidfix because it reclines, but can't make it do so. Britax don't seem to have a phone no. on their site anymore, I have rung them in the past and found them helpful. DD falls so far forward in it when she's asleep, that I can't see the belt holding her in an accident sad

RubysReturn Sat 17-Oct-09 09:24:52

We have these and I don't think it really reclines, more that the back moves a little independently of the base, so it will lay back a little if the angle of the actual car seat allows.

Thereisa little button between the legs on ours, but it opens a stowage thingy for instructions.

Janieroberts Sun 18-Oct-09 20:46:32

Had another look today and got it to in the following way:
Lift handle thing in seat base and pull base forward then on the back of the backrest there is a section that pulls down to create a wedge. Lift the handle and push back in the seat base (as when fixing the car seat in)and the back does then tilt back a bit. Rather annoying that this can only be doen when child is not in the seat. Think I'll try and call Britax (if I can find a number) to confirm....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now