Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Can anyone tell me about 0-4 car seats?

(7 Posts)
runningscared Wed 14-Oct-09 14:37:14

Hi,
I have a DD that is 4.5 months and her car seat has just broken! A plastic rivet holding the strap adjuster has broken so its not major but obviously we're not going to use it again. We have written to the manufacturer but we're also looking at replacements.

As we don't have a lot of money I've been looking at 0-4 seats that switch around, especially since lots of them seem to be rearfacing for longer than the 0+ models.

Does anyone have one or any experiences of them?
Thanks!

MatNanPlus Wed 14-Oct-09 14:41:52

I liked using the Concord Ultimax

runningscared Wed 14-Oct-09 14:46:59

Thanks!

nicm Wed 14-Oct-09 18:11:38

have you thought about the extended rear facing car seats?

we have the britax two way elite which will last ds until he's 25kgs(6yo). got it from www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk and they were very helpful. they do stock loads of different rf seats now which they didn't have when we were getting ds'.

look at www.rearfacing.co.uk for more info.

runningscared Wed 14-Oct-09 19:45:12

Yes had thought about it and although I'd love to, I'm not sure if we can afford it Will have a look at those sites tho. Thanks

nicm Wed 14-Oct-09 20:37:08

runningscared it might not be as expensive as you thought. we got our twe for 186 as we could collect and this included the tether straps. are you near milton keynes or belfast?

runningscared Thu 15-Oct-09 09:58:27

Thanks nicm its still quite a lot to us atm unfortunately and as we need a new seat urgently, we're going to have to go with the 0-4 one as its over £100 cheaper. Thanks for your advice tho

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: