Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Estate car not big enough for car seat! Primo Viaggio

(5 Posts)
Waytooslow Sun 13-Sep-09 18:28:00

Hi

We have bought a M and P Pliko travel system that comes with a Primo Viaggio IP car seat with sure fix base. We are practising putting it in the car and it seems that we have to move the front seat right forward to fit the car seat on the back seat. This means it can't go behind the driver, and must go behind the passenger seat and then there is no leg room up front for a passenger to sit in the passenger seat. I literally could not get in the passenger seat. We have an Audi A4 estate so it's a reasonable sized car. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It seems crazy to me that a car seat won't fit in a decent sized family car unless no-one sits up front. I have googled for reviews of the Primo Viaggio and no-one mentions this issue (although they do say it's crap for newborns as it's too upright which is a whole different problem!!)

GirlsAreLOud Sun 13-Sep-09 18:33:57

We didn't have this issue in my Polo or in DH's A6 estate so not sure what to suggest.

ruddynorah Sun 13-Sep-09 18:37:12

worked fine in my clio and dh's fiesta.

bidibidi Mon 21-Sep-09 19:02:39

Could you put the baby seat in the middle of the back seat (are belts okay for that?)

sazm Tue 22-Sep-09 21:52:37

are you sure you are fitting it correctly, it really shouldnt be a problem in a car that size,
we only car we had that problem in was a peugeot 106 (which is tiny)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now