Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

what car seats 9months-4years can be fitted with just a lapbelt?

(5 Posts)
misdee Wed 02-Sep-09 08:07:02

might be switching car soon, for my dads old proton, which only has a lapbelt in the middle.

Buda Wed 02-Sep-09 08:14:04

Not sure there are any misdee. I could be wrong though. I thought that only the 3-point seat belts were considered safe.

misdee Wed 02-Sep-09 08:26:04

i know there used to be. but not sure on what one it is.

am going to see if a rearfacing to 4 seat fits, but am not happy about kid in middle using a lapbelt.

mumandlovingit Wed 02-Sep-09 08:29:49

im not 100% sure if you can get them still but Britax had a Freeway model which we used which can be used with a lapbelt only in the middle of the car.it fitted in tighter like that than with a 3 point.

mothercare do a britax eclipse si that only uses a lapbelt

it they're retractable lapbelts like in convertables they dont recommend them though, only solid lapbelts that you adjust tightness on yourself.

britax have a fitfinder website where you can put the model of your car in and it will tell you what will fit where in it.

i will keep a look out

good luck xx

MrsBadger Wed 02-Sep-09 08:47:50

yes, hang on, posted on this the other day

Britax Prince
Britax Eclipse

thread here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now