Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 car seats in a Prius?

(15 Posts)
BubbaAndBump Sun 30-Aug-09 19:38:51

Anyone managed this? (If so, what make?)

please

BubbaAndBump Tue 01-Sep-09 22:23:27

bump?

BubbaAndBump Thu 03-Sep-09 12:18:59

bumpety bump

sazm Thu 03-Sep-09 14:09:34

what stage carseats do you need to fit in?
do you have 3 x 3 point belts?or a lapbelt in the middle?

BubbaAndBump Thu 03-Sep-09 18:39:49

Hi sazm, it would be for one babyseat and two from 9 months (to 4 years).

We have three 3-point belts...

sazm Thu 03-Sep-09 23:09:03

hmm,will be a squeeze i would think,

i have a maxicosi baby seat and 3 britax highbacked boosters and they have fitted in various things from a corsa to a vectra!

could you put the baby seat in the middle and older ones seats either side??(thats the way we find easiest)

someone on here said that the britax prince seat (only about £60 at halforda ATM)are the narrowest 9m-4y seats,or you could go for the likes of the argos/mothercare boosters with the 5 point harnesses,

do you have a halfords/mothercare/toys r us near you?then you could try out some seats??

BubbaAndBump Fri 04-Sep-09 06:24:28

Thanks sazm I'll look in to the britax prince seat one (fairly sure there's width enough in the prius, it's just the seats are almost curved so the side seats are away from the door by quite a bit.

warthog Fri 04-Sep-09 06:34:14

i have two 9mo - 4 year seats and there's no way i'd fit a baby seat in the middle. only hope i think is to change to a booster before long. don't know about that britax prince seat though.

please let us know if you manage it, because i'll be asking the exact same question in a couple of months! (hopefully)

sazm Fri 04-Sep-09 08:29:29

soz i just looked at my first post saying i have a maxicosi baby seat and 3 highbacked boosters!!i have a maxicosi baby seat and 2 high backed boosters lol!!

lol,its the problem of the shape of your back seat,
i had 3 seats in a 3 door corsa with plenty room to get into the buckles,because the seat was totally flat from end to end,

my vectra has shaped seats so its not so easy!

you dont legally HAVE to have 3 seats in if you have one child over 3 then they can sit in the middle between the carseats (if you would be happy with this?)

BubbaAndBump Fri 04-Sep-09 14:10:26

Oh, didn't realise there was no legal obligation but not sure how I feel about that. Seems silly to compromise when it's a few £1000s for a different car at the end of the day...

You already pg warthog, or TTC #3?

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 04-Sep-09 14:33:35

would a baby seat, a stage 2 and a booster fit?

sazm Fri 04-Sep-09 14:42:39

yup,personally i wouldnt have any of my lo's in the middle with nothing ( mine are 5yo and under)
but if you already have 2 child seats fitted thus preventing a third from being fitted then its legal to use nothing so long as the child is over 3.
do you have a front airbag???are there always 5 of you in the car or could one of your lo's go in the front (thats what i do most days)

BubbaAndBump Fri 04-Sep-09 15:20:32

yes to front airbag - we would really need the car to be able to hold us all, then again if I ended up having twins we'd be stuffed anyway - just trying to get my head round things

BoulderBum Sat 05-Sep-09 10:15:53

I managed to get three car seats in a Prius pretty easily. You just have to buy the right kind.

Here's a blog about getting three car seats in the back seat of a Prius.

BubbaAndBump Sat 05-Sep-09 12:06:19

Fab, thanks BoulderBum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now