Talk

Advanced search

Best car seat from newborn please

(11 Posts)
brewingno2 Sun 24-Jan-21 19:15:01

I have the Maxi cosi 360 one before can't remember the name and found me awful! My babies head would flop forward.
Any recommendations are welcome not sure what car we will be buying yet either
Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
BertieBotts Mon 25-Jan-21 20:27:09

Maxi Cosi Axissfix probably - it's really awful for head flop!

Did you want a seat that stays in the car, or one you can carry in and out?

SquigglePigs Mon 25-Jan-21 20:32:25

We had (still have!) the Joie 360 and it's been great for DD at all ages (she's 2 now).

brewingno2 Wed 27-Jan-21 09:43:10

@BertieBotts
Preferably one that stays in the car. We have a 20 year old bmw and I don't think it has isofix! Crap not sure what to do now

BertieBotts Wed 27-Jan-21 09:53:46

Yes without isofix you'll struggle - there are seats which go 0-4 years that seatbelt fix in, but none of them are especially great for newborns.

You could just get an infant carrier and leave it in the car? If you're going to be seatbelt fitting, I find Maxi Cosi and Britax the easiest. A lot of the others have fiddly bits to do.

Or you could look for infant seats which use a base where the base is seatbelt fitted. Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, Cybex Aton 5, Joie Juva/Gemm/i-Gemm/i-Snug come to mind - and I think some of the ones that come with pushchairs have belt fitted bases possible.

BertieBotts Wed 27-Jan-21 09:55:05

Britax First Class Plus is OK as it goes - but only rear facing up to 13kg, which is considered not very much these days. A lot of people prefer to rear face longer. You'll have to have a look and see what you think smile 13kg is about 2.5 years for an average sized child but more like 1 for a bigger child.

brewingno2 Wed 27-Jan-21 22:31:28

Oh it does have iso fix! But slanted seats

BertieBotts Thu 28-Jan-21 15:47:59

Slanted seats make these kinds of seats tricky because it often means the angle is too steep for a newborn. That will exacerbate any head flop caused by the seat like the Maxi Cosi one which is quite upright in itself.

Besafe izi Turn B is worth a look, that has an unusual way of fitting which counteracts sloping seats so the angle is brilliant for a little one. The inserts are also really nice and it's an all around nice seat. However, it's quite a lot of money.

BertieBotts Thu 28-Jan-21 15:48:21

Although not as much as Axkid One+ which is probably the other one I'd recommend for slanted seats.

BertieBotts Thu 28-Jan-21 15:50:47

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MqJO0uFZgA&t=44s&ab_channel=TonyKealys

Hellothere19999 Thu 28-Jan-21 15:55:22

I’m not an expert but my daughter was always fine in the Britax romer. Seated abit more upright but she liked it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in