Talk

Advanced search

Cosatto den I size

(5 Posts)
Nc1468 Sun 12-Apr-20 19:37:52

Hiya
Hoping someone else has this car seat and can help me! Will try and speak to cosatto if not 😩 I've got the den, DS is 7 months old and he looks too big for his newborn insert now so we've taken it out. Fits much better in the actual seat but now his head falls forward. This only happens when he falls asleep in the car as his neck strength is fine etc but obviously this isn't ideal.

It's reclined as far back as it'll go, has anyone else experienced this? Or maybe I need to just squeeze him in the newborn bit for a bit longer or something, I'm clearly doing something wrong! Obviously with us being in lockdown I'm not using it much at the moment, but my DH is a key worker so I had to take DS with me to do a food shop which is when I found this problem!

OP’s posts: |
teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 13-Apr-20 13:08:03

If could be the angle of your car's seats. What car do you have and is the back seat quite sloped? Unfortunately with isofix there's much less wiggle room to get a good fit so if the seats are sloped, the car seat can end up too upright.

Nc1468 Mon 13-Apr-20 20:46:29

Hiya, we've got a nissan juke. Seats look pretty flat to me but I guess they could be??

OP’s posts: |
teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 14-Apr-20 08:56:41

I think the seats on the Juke are quite flat so possibly not that.

Are you pulling him right down into the seat? You need to make sure you are pulling his nappy right down into the buckle so he isn't too high up. I've attached a picture. He needs to be like the picture on the right so he's pulled right down into the bottom of the seat.

If it's not that, I'd contact Cosatto smile

teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 14-Apr-20 09:01:16

Having said that, head flop isn't supposed to be dangerous in healthy babies over 6 months but you could contact Cosatto for piece of mind.

Or try posting a picture on Car Seat Advice UK on Facebook and see if there are any issues with the fit of the seat.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in