Talk

Advanced search

Rental car abroad

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Mumsworld20 Thu 07-Nov-19 08:30:38

Hello!

Has anyone been to Malta and rented a car with a car seat? Taking my 5 month old away next year and wanted a good company recommendation.

From looking at the car hire reviews for Malta they're not looking the best!

Anyone got any ideas?

Xx

OP’s posts: |
LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Nov-19 10:46:59

Hi there, OP. We're just bumping your thread in the hope that someone will be along soon with some useful advice.

Best of luck.

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 08-Nov-19 12:42:24

Which car you hire, it will always be much safer to take your own car seat rather than use an unknown seat from a car hire company.

BertieBotts Thu 14-Nov-19 20:22:47

I agree - take your own car seat. Using one from a car hire company is really risky as they might not have treated it very well. Apparently the attitude towards car seats in Malta is very lax.

You can usually take a car seat free on a flight with a baby/child - check the policy of your airline. It's best to pack it in its own box or failing that any large box, if it's going in the hold. If you have a seat for your baby on the plane, you might be allowed to bring the car seat into the cabin with you.

If you don't want to take your usual seat I would recommend buying a Joie Juva, which is a basic, cheap, but safe car seat and taking that with you as your travel seat. It costs £40 which is probably less than the charge to add a car seat to a hire car anyway smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in