Talk

Advanced search

Holiday driving and car seats

(3 Posts)
flippysmum Fri 09-Aug-19 13:59:10

We're traveling to France and I don't want to take our current car seat with us (it was expensive, I don't want it damaged or lost) and don't really want to hire one when we car hire, due to horror stories, price, and a bad experience when family flew over with 5 month old.

So I'm thinking of ordering a car seat to our family (who we are visiting in France) that we can use when we get there and leave for future visits.

My 2yo is very small, just under 10kg, so would prefer a rear facing seat, that is isofix, but also cheap 😅 I don't think what I want exists for the price (ideally under £90) and I may need to compromise, any recommendations or suggestions for a seat or a better idea?

Unfortunately, not driving while we are there isn't an option.

OP’s posts: |
teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 09-Aug-19 15:10:16

The Joie Tilt would be a really good choice. It's not isofix but seat belt fitted which is equally as safe as isofix fitting, it's just that isofix takes away some of the risk of human error on installation. You can actually get a much better fit with belt fitted seats.

If you go for one, I'd look up a couple of installation videos on YouTube before you go to familiarise yourself with it.

flippysmum Fri 09-Aug-19 15:29:18

Thank you! I'll take a look at it now.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in