Talk

Advanced search

Best Infant Car Seats 2019

(5 Posts)
JoshMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Jun-19 12:30:39

Hi,

Our reviews team has complied the top 5 best car seats on the market at the minute. We made a quick video outlining them, if it is of interest.

App users, you can see it here

Read the full reviews here

BertieBotts Sun 14-Jul-19 09:30:53

Some odd choices IMO.

I'm not sure why the Rock gets rated so highly as an all rounder, OK the safety is good and the price comparable, but it's one of the smallest infant carriers out there, the compatible base is astronomically expensive, and most of the points made about it would match up to any infant seat from Maxi Cosi, Joie, BeSafe, Kiddy, Cybex, Nuna, all of which use the same adapters. Cybex Aton M would be a better choice, or simply - whichever from one of these brands which has a special offer/is free in conjunction with a pushchair TBH. The base is a particular bugbear - I don't think people think too deeply about the base, assuming they are all much the same but there is a huge difference in cost and with some you're mentally locking yourself into using the same base for Group 1 as well which can narrow options down.

It would have been worth pointing out that the Mothercare Ziba is a rebranded Nania Beone (which gets OK safety ratings). But Joie Juva would get my vote for best seat on a budget. It's only £1 more and you get removeable covers, (limited) pushchair compatability, aeroplane certification, optional car base, and it's much lighter. No independent safety test result available, but Joie have a generally good safety record, whereas Nania really don't.

Strange to have the Dualfix and the Joie 360 when both are very similar. I would have kept the Dualfix as best 0/1 seat and replaced the Joie listing with the car seat that offers the best in premium features - possibly one which scores the best overall for safety or has a really good lie flat (shame Kiddy have gone bust).

Smurf123 Thu 01-Aug-19 17:48:51

@BertieBotts where are you getting all the info on the seats?? We have been using a baby auto multifix for my 16 month old but the straps were faulty and we have had to return it and the shop assistant suggested if it was her she wouldn't go with that brand as she couldn't guarantee it wouldn't happen again and that they had had 2 others back for the same reason.. So I'm back to square one trying to find a new car seat for ds

BertieBotts Sat 03-Aug-19 14:22:34

Here and there. I would highly recommend a facebook group called Car Seat Advice UK smile

Smurf123 Sat 03-Aug-19 17:52:58

Thanks Bertie 🙂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »