Talk

Advanced search

5 point harness for over 18kg

(7 Posts)
excitedmuchly Mon 01-Apr-19 13:24:56

Hello. Anyone got a car seat with a 5 point harness suitable for over 18kg? Really struggling to find any that dont use the normal seat belt. I just don't feel right using a normal seat belt for a 4 yr old
I've found the cosy and safe excalibur or the joie bold. Need it to be isofix as well!
Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Anotherdayanotherdollar Mon 01-Apr-19 13:29:28

I don't think that its any safer using a 5 point harness after 18kg in most circumstances. If you rear face there are a few more options but not isofix. Isofix is only safe for a certain weight so very few (I think 2) have limits higher than 18kg

Anotherdayanotherdollar Mon 01-Apr-19 13:34:00

You also need a top-tether for a ff harnessed to 25kg seat. I think most newer cars have them.

excitedmuchly Mon 01-Apr-19 13:35:11

I've got a top thingie so all good on that front!

OP’s posts: |
Anotherdayanotherdollar Mon 01-Apr-19 13:47:51

I think that the diono radian 5 is harnessed to 25kg but I don't think its isofix. Why does it need to be isofix?

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 01-Apr-19 18:11:25

https://csftl.org/european-car-seats-25-kg-weight-limit-seats/

BertieBotts Thu 11-Apr-19 10:54:43

You won't get an isofix only one, because isofix only supports a child weiht of around 18kg (it's a bit higher, but not much).

What you may find is isofit, which means that the seat uses the isofix points to keep it in place, but then it uses tether straps and/or the car's seatbelt to secure the seat in place in the event of a crash.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in