Talk

Advanced search

Non isofix car seat

(4 Posts)
Dogsorlogs Sat 24-Nov-18 08:19:06

Hi

I'm needed to buy a non isofix car seat for my 11 month old.

It's for my mum's car only for picking up/dropping off when I'm at work about once every 6 weeks.

My 2.5 year old is in a joke tilt in her car but my mum hates it.

We've got 3 joie 360s and a joie bold in our cars with isofix.

I was looking at the cugglown in Argos as it's belt fitted but not sure.

If she had isofix I'd just get another 360. Ideally under £150 as on my for very occasional use.

teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 24-Nov-18 08:48:14

Cuggl really isn't a good brand. They're made by Nania which only just pass the legal minimum safety tests. Joie etc go through much stricter tests.

I would have suggested the Tilt - why does she hate it?

Thesnobbymiddleclassone Sat 24-Nov-18 08:56:05

I'd still go for the tilt. Even if she hates it, it's about safety and it is a good seat that you know fits in her car.

BertieBotts Mon 26-Nov-18 19:46:30

Is it the rear facing she doesn't like? at 11 months I wouldn't want to compromise yet but I might suggest turning the Tilt around at say 15 months if it would make her happier with it.

Would your DD still fit into a baby seat? Maybe that would be easier for her - I always find them easy to fit with a seatbelt and you can turn it to the side to put the child in, then put it into the correct rear facing position before strapping the seat in.

The normal Maxi Cosi Axiss (ie forward facing only) is £150 in Mothercare/Halfords but I think it might only be today as it looks like a Black Friday deal. You could order online I suppose and have the 14 day chance to return under the distance selling legislation. The Bold is £164 in mothercare as well.

What is it she doesn't like? Perhaps that would help with suggestions. I agree I don't like Cuggl. The belt fitted seats under £150 for group 1 I'd consider are:

(Forward facing only)
Britax Eclipse
Maxi Cosi Priori
Cosatto Moova 2
Maxi Cosi Rubi
Britax Duo Plus
(Maxi Cosi Axiss) - if it's still reduced
Britax Evolva
Cybex Pallas M - maybe - I'm not really sure about the impact shield, I used to think they were OK, had one for DS1 but I think there's newer evidence they are poor. Would defo research before buying.
joie trillo Shield - same point re shield.
Cybex Juno Fix - again shield.

(RF to 13kg)
Britax First Class Plus

(RF to 18kg+)
Joie Tilt
Joie Steadi
Joie Stages
Joie Addapt (I think this is just a clone of another seat of theirs though)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »