Talk

Advanced search

Taxi with car sear

(11 Posts)
ste67 Wed 31-Oct-18 11:14:02

Hi,
I am going to have a c section tomorrow at the ULCH .
As we don t have a car, we didn t buy a car seat.
Could you recommend a taxi which provides car seats?

Thank you

sleepismysuperpower1 Wed 31-Oct-18 11:29:18

try here. link.you just need to phone up the cab company it suggests and then ask for a childs seat

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 31-Oct-18 13:54:48

If you must use a taxi one, ask for an infant carrier car seat as they'll no doubt turn up with a 9kg, forward facing one** otherwise.

Personally I wouldn't risk a hire car seat (especially with a newborn) and I'd buy a Joie Juva now. Only about £40 and a very good infant carrier.

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 31-Oct-18 13:59:30

£36 http://www.pramworld.co.uk/joie-juva-classic-0-infant-carrier-black-ink?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuYrPj-uw3gIVDpAYCh1sYgp0EAQYAiABEgIL6PDBwE#foo_c=743&fok=272839e157a16a79a691e00fdf7bc42f&foo_s=gplauk

Or Halfords sell them for £40

Bellabutterfly2016 Wed 31-Oct-18 14:03:25

@ste67
Which hospital are you going to?

Sugarcrystal2002 Wed 31-Oct-18 14:07:06

I would just get a cheap one, we didn't have a car when DD was born but we did get a car seat. A: because she wouldn't have been let out of the hospital without on and B: we took quite a few taxis back then (it cost about the same for a taxi as on public transport) and we used it quite a bit. Admittedly the one we had attached to the pram so it was easy to transport when we got to our destination.

Nedzilla Wed 31-Oct-18 14:10:44

I would just buy one. many taxi firms wont supply one, so if you need a taxi fast it could be a long wait.

You will probably need one anyway. most baby seats last newborn-18 months. just buy a basic cheap on if not really using on motorways. If baby becomes ill for example you will want to be taking the first taxi available at night, and they are just generally handy to have. you can get one for £60

ste67 Thu 01-Nov-18 09:50:59

Thank you all ! Everything is very useful!

Notquiteagandt Thu 01-Nov-18 10:10:30

Will the hospital let you out with out a carseat? Id call ahead and double check as it is stabdard practise for most not to.

Bellabutterfly2016 Fri 02-Nov-18 19:31:04

Hope all is ok and u got sorted
I collected my friend from hospital with our car seat as they were in the same position.

Nadia1986 Fri 04-Jan-19 20:56:23

I've booked with this company many times and theyve always provided car seats. You just have to tell them when making the booking that you need one. Plus side is, they cover the whole of UK. Ive created an account with them so they know that i always require a baby seat when i book with them. Id definitely recommend them : www.insta-cab.com/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: