Talk

Advanced search

Seat for a light, average height 4.5year old

(9 Posts)
Paranormalbouquet Sun 21-Oct-18 21:03:43

DD is 4.5, 103cm and only 13.8kg. Currently rear facing in a maxi cosi 2 way pearl but rapidly approaching the 105cm height limit. However she is too light to move to a HBB. Our car (05 VW Polo) is apparently not suitable for axkid and not keen to ff in a harness if at all possible. Baby number 2 due soon so happy to consider any option which can be passed along in the future!

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 21-Oct-18 22:10:08

Britax Two Way Elite- fits easily in our fiesta!

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 21-Oct-18 22:13:54

Other people have used the Minikid

Paranormalbouquet Sun 21-Oct-18 22:55:52

What are the height limits on two way elite or mini Kid? Don’t want to be in the same situation in a years time!

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 22-Oct-18 06:34:56

125cm off the top of my head! It should be online somewhere though.

randomsabreuse Mon 22-Oct-18 07:07:35

We were in a similar situation- only DD just over 3 and at limit of Cybex Sirona in height.

Only rear facing option was Britax 2 way elite. Although at top of cybex she's on the bottom of the shoulder strap points in the 2 way elite!
Otherwise front face with impact shield e.g. cybex Pallas which can become a HBB at 18kg. Would have been my choice but have new baby on way predicted to be bigger and heavier so would have been in same situation at 2. or so when I wouldn't have been willing to front face! Will move her to HBB when bro is out of the Cybex.

Paradyning Mon 22-Oct-18 07:17:12

With the Britax TWE you have to check the weight rating on the harness clip. They changed it about a year ago and the weight limit reduced. Something to do with the grey clip and the black clip. Can't remember which is which. Call in car safety for advice.

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 22-Oct-18 12:36:35

The current TWE is 25kg rear facing, 18kg forward facing.

Paradyning Mon 22-Oct-18 19:40:32

Ours is rated to 25kg FF as we have the older clip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: