Talk

Advanced search

Jane Matrix Light 2

(4 Posts)
Merrz Tue 16-Oct-18 12:26:27

Anyone got one of these? It seems to get mixed reviews but I like that it can lie flat and used as a car seat and carrycot so you wouldn't need a separate carrycot.

Merrz Tue 16-Oct-18 19:03:53

Anyone?

teaandbiscuitsforme Tue 16-Oct-18 20:57:19

It's safest for babies to be rear facing in a crash. It's also safest for them to be as upright as possible - however that's not the best position for a newborn! But thats why most infant carriers are more upright than a newborn should be and why they should only be used for short periods.

I don't know much about the Jane but having a tiny baby sideways in an impact is definitely not the safest position for them.

INeedNewShoes Fri 16-Nov-18 13:11:31

@Merrz

I'm very late to this thread but I had the Matrix Light 2 for DD. I do a lot of long motorway journeys that would have been a lot more stressful if I'd had to stop every 30 mins– 2 hours.

I weighed up all the info, including the issues mentioned by tea and decided that on balance, the lie flat seat was better for our needs. It tests well in lie flat mode (if you ignore Which marking the seat down 'in case parents install it incorrectly' which is silly because if you take care to engage the seat in the hooks I don't see how you can go wrong).

It was absolutely brilliant to be able to drive for as long as DD was happy/didn't need feeding or changing without having to stop to give her the chance to lie flat for a while. I've now done a 300 mile journey with DD in this seat around 8 times and shorter 150 mile journeys countless times and she was so comfy and content. Up to 8m (DD is small) she also slept very happily in the carrier overnight. It was wonderful in those early months to just throw the chassis in the car (we've got the Epic) and know that with the carrier in the car that was the car seat, pram and cot all sorted.

I do not like the Matrix in the upright mode however. It is very upright and leads to head flop so if you do decide to get this seat for its lie flat capabilities I would plan to get an ERF once your child grows out of the lie flat mode.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: