Talk

Advanced search

Baby's head tilting forward in maxi cosy?!

(5 Posts)
jadericho Mon 17-Sep-18 19:38:51

I've got the maxi cosy cabriofix and tonight while driving home with my 4 month old I almost had a heart attack when I caught a glimpse of the top of his head slouched to the side but also touching his chest, thus restricting his air way. I'm absolutely furious. I've googled it and it seems to be really common with maxi cosy car seats? We've got the isofix base but I'll take it out and see if it makes a difference without it and use the seatbelt instead but I'm not filled with confidence. Tbh though I've kinda already made my mind up that we're going to get a new carseat this weekend (much to other half's disapproval). Does anyone have any recommendations?

MorningsEleven Mon 17-Sep-18 19:42:14

It's a few years since mine were that age but I'm sure I remember you could pull a level to tilt and recline them a bit. Could have dreamt it though.

MissRainbowBrite Mon 17-Sep-18 20:44:27

It very much depends on how much the seat slopes that you have the base on. If it's quite sloped then Maxi Cosi will recommend that you can safely put a folded up towel under the lower end to level out the slope which should stop the tilt. Also, have you taken out the newborn insert?
It's worth a try before buying a new seat, what car have you got the base in?

FlippertyJibbit Mon 17-Sep-18 20:49:27

Had this issue with the isofix on our Maxicosi infant carrier and a Britax one too. Removed the isofix, just used it with seatbelt and it stopped the problem.

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 17-Sep-18 22:10:30

Like a pp said, this is largely to do with the slope of your car seats and using the isofix base. Using the car seat without the base should resolve the issue because you can get a better fit with the seatbelt because it's not as rigid as isofix. It's equally as safe as installing a seat with isofix; you just need to make sure you follow the instructions carefully and keep the seat belt tight.

If you do go for a new car seat, you really are going to have to consider the slope of your seats. Again, a seatbelt installed seat will give you a better fit.

If you join the Facebook group 'Car Seat Advice uk', you can search for your car type and see what other people have suggested for your car make/model.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »