Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please for reclining front facing Isofix seat for 2 year old

(5 Posts)
chaikhosi Thu 16-Aug-18 11:16:59

Hello all, just that really. I'm after a seat that fits twos and up, attaches with Isofix, is forward-facing, and can recline. And removable washable covers would be great too in case DS is sick.

DS will be 2 in September, and he's still quite small (78cm and barely 10kg). We have a front facing Isofix seat that fits him well while awake, but when he's asleep his head flops forward.

Any ideas please?

OP’s posts: |
teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 16-Aug-18 14:33:56

The recline will depend far more on the shape of the seats in your car rather than the car seat. A belt fitted seat will also allow for a better recline because isofix are too rigid.

I know he's just about legal in a forward facing seat but you'd also get a much better recline in some of the rear facing seats (also far safer)

Lou573 Thu 16-Aug-18 14:41:02

Is there a particular reason you want forward facing OP? My tiny two year old will be rear facing for a long time yet.

Changednancy Thu 16-Aug-18 14:45:35

Rear facing is much safer and we had a Joie steadi which has a good recline (and it’s both forward and rear). For a FF we have just moved to a brittax advansafix sct iii (as they outgrew the Joie) and it reclines ff and reclines to 12 years 👍🏼

chaikhosi Sat 25-Aug-18 17:03:38

Thanks for all the replies. I'm looking for FF because DS gets car sick, and I think it would be worse if he couldn't see out the window. He's been FF since we got the current seat just after he turned 1. Safety wise I know there's a difference, but feel like trying to turn back the clock wouldn't really work.

Going off to have a look at some seats tomorrow, and will keep your recommendations in mind smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in