Talk

Advanced search

Joie Bold or Britax Advansafix III SICT?

(6 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Sat 10-Mar-18 19:37:51

Does anyone use one of these and how do you find it?

It's for my 16kg 3.5yo DD. I like the idea of the 5 point harness up to 25kg in the Bold, we make long journeys on bad roads - I presume the harness is safer than the seat belt???

Any others I can look at? Must recline to some extent and also have removable covers.

TIA

teaandbiscuitsforme Sun 11-Mar-18 06:05:41

Because she's quite young, she's safer in a harness. There's also the 25kg Cosy and Safe.

Or the 25kg rear facing seats which would be the safest by far - Axkid Minikid or Britax Two Way Elite are good ones to look at..

SleepForTheWeek Sun 11-Mar-18 20:13:55

Oh I like the look of the cozy and safe Excalibur - thanks!

Nan0second Mon 12-Mar-18 21:44:45

Harness isn’t actually safer over 18kg when forward facing. Have a look at some of the videos of how children’s heads move when forward facing with a harness on. Safest is rear facing to 25kg (minikid or two way elite) or seatbelt forward facing.

SleepForTheWeek Mon 12-Mar-18 22:24:26

I'd never heard of that Nan0 - thanks, I'll do a bit more research.

I'm not turning her back to rf, they were the most stressful and awful
Journeys ever. I actually think the stress they caused me really impaired by concentration and I was therefore more likely to be involved in an accident.

DD2 is a lot more calm in the car so I'll definitely rf for longer, but for us it was a good decision to turn DD1 ff (think she was about 18mo) as the journeys since then have been so much better.

BaffledMcBaffled Thu 18-Oct-18 10:34:42

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but these are my shortlist - which did you go for and would you recommend? Ta

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: