Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Iso fix without support leg

(8 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:11:40

Hello, any help much appreciated.
DP has a new car which doesn't have room in the back for an isofix with support leg (him buying a car without checking first is a sore point!) Changing the car isn't an option, so can anyone recommend an isofix without the leg please? Dd is 16 months. I've tried googling but am either doing something wrong or they don't exist.
Thanks in advance!

PotteringAlong Thu 08-Feb-18 18:12:51

Is it not just easier to buy a non-isofix car seat?

Tobuyornot99 Thu 08-Feb-18 18:24:52

I suggested that but DP is quite wed to the isofix concept (not enough to check the fit before he bought the car though, div!)

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 08-Feb-18 18:29:20

I’ve just bought a joie bold for dd who is also 16m. It is isofix without a leg and the harness can be used up to 7, rather than the 4 that most harnesses go to. The seat goes up to 12.

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 08-Feb-18 19:00:14

Rear facing or forward facing?

Isofix seats aren't safer; they're just easier to install so less room for human error.

Namechangeuser Thu 08-Feb-18 19:02:22

We have been looking into this also as we will have 2 under 2 very soon who will both need isofix, but dh is very tall so not much leg room in the back.

Unfortunately the conclusion we have come to is it just isn't possible with rear facing isofix seats. If you are happy with forward facing then there are option which have no leg, although I am unsure on the exact brand names.

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 08-Feb-18 19:09:02

Name Rearfacing you could look at the Joie Stages which RF to 18kg (check your DC's weight at age 4 in their red books) or the Britax Two Way Elite if you would need a 25kg seat.

It's a misconception that isofix seats are safer - they are just easier to install so more idiot proof.

If you go with FF and space is tight, I'm sure they recommend a minimum of 55cm so worth measuring up to ensure a safe distance in a crash.

Tobuyornot99 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:43:45

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I'll get researching grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now