Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

a swivel seat compatible with travel system?

(2 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Fri 13-Oct-17 21:17:50

I need a swivel seat as I'm a wheelchair user and thats the only way I can see myself getting little one (as yet unborn) in and out of the car. But I didn't want to shell out for an expensive seat and a travel system (that I actually can't use - its my OH that wants it). Are there any swivel seats which are compatible with any travel systems?

BertieBotts Sun 15-Oct-17 23:54:44

Unfortunately, no. The swivel seats are all large fixed seats which stay in the car, whereas the seats which are compatible with pushchairs are the type with a carry handle.

I'd get a swivel one in your position, and do a bit of research to find one you'll be able to use for as long as possible, so that hopefully when your child outgrows it they'll be big/old enough to climb in and out of a seat by themselves. Some of the swivel type seats are smaller than they could be and children outgrow them by around 3 years old or earlier.

If it helps reassure your partner, I had a carseat which was incompatible with my pram, but it was not a problem at all. I found that once DS was in the pram and I started moving it he'd immediately go back to sleep anyway. And if we were near home and I wanted him to stay asleep then I could do the same thing and wheel the pram into the house, or just wait in the car until he woke up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now