Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Mazda Bongo / Ford Freda campervan - is there a car seat that fits?

(6 Posts)
JDad2015 Tue 04-Jul-17 17:34:08

Just spent a frustrating afternoon at Halfords - their expert tried 3 different types of child car seats and none of them fitted in our Ford Freda / Mazda Bongo campervan.

We don't have isofix so it needs to work with seat belts only.

Our daughter is 20 months old and weighs about 10.5 kilos so she will soon be ready to graduate from her original Maxi Cosi car seat.

Ideally we'd get a combination car seat that lasts until she's 12 but now I'd settle for anything that fits!

The problem seems to be the position of the seat belts and/or the 'long stems' of the clicky things that you click the seat belt into.

We can't be the first family to face this problem so can anyone help?

nutbrownhare15 Tue 18-Jul-17 20:49:23

We are having similar issues. Maxi Cosi Tobi seemed to fit today when we tried it, going to do some googling before we buy as would prefer rear facing.

Blakezl Mon 27-Nov-17 22:46:25

Hey
I was wondering if you had solved this problem? My mother in law has a bongo and halfords wouldn't sell us the maxi cosi tobi i really dont know what to do.

Thanks

HannahP11 Sat 10-Feb-18 19:30:00

Hello! Did anybody manage to find a seat which fitted? I’m trying to find a seat for my 7 month old which will fit his grandparents’ Bongo. Many thanks.

LinoleumBlownapart Sat 10-Feb-18 19:37:34

Scroll down on the bongo group link here, it says graco milestone fits.

HannahP11 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:50:51

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: