Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Seat Belt Car Seat Safety

(3 Posts)
Meowstro Wed 28-Jun-17 23:39:44

I bought a 3 in 1 travel system that comes with a car seat directly from the manufacturer and realised recently when thinking about installing and emailing the manufacturer about where I'd find the isofix base that it's one you have to secure with a seat belt. They do a compatible clip for me to buy a compatible seat but as babies don't stay in group 0 seats long, I thought I'd leave it until needed and I have the money for an i-size.

I'm really anxious about installing this myself and want it checked, is there anywhere I can go that will check the safety of the installed seat? I checked mothercare and it seems you have to buy it from them, same as Halfords (but I wouldn't want to take it to them anyway). Also checked my local fire station but there's no events coming up.

Any ideas where I can get it checked?

AliceMum09 Sat 01-Jul-17 21:10:06

These people run car seat checking events childseatsafety.co.uk/events/

As do Good Egg childseatsafety.co.uk/events/

Child Seat Safety also have a list of advisors childseatsafety.co.uk/useful-information/find-an-advisor/ It's mainly local council road safety officers, and people who work for the high street stores who have done the certified training that Child Seat Safety offer. My name should be on that list under Yorkshire and the Humber as an independent advisor (I have done the training course) but they don't seem to have updated it yet! If you live anywhere near Sheffield I can help you!

Meowstro Thu 06-Jul-17 00:44:40

Thank you so much, that's really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now