Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Axkid Minikid in Fiesta? Wedge/recline question.

(6 Posts)
malin100 Tue 20-Jun-17 17:23:17

I tried out a Minikid in my Fiesta recently but it seemed like it was going to be far too upright for my baby, and the passenger seat couldn't go any further forward. I know there is a wedge you can get to recline it further but the assistant said they didn't think it would fit as it didn't have space to go further back. In hindsight, I wish we had tried the wedge just to see if it could fit at all.

Otherwise we are ruling this seat out and have to get a seat that will only take her to 3 years old or so then buy a third one. She needs more of a recline than most children due to her head shape pushing her head forwards, and she sleeps a lot in the car. She is very tall hence why she will outgrow an i-size (105cm)/18kg car seat sooner than the 'average' 4 years they state on them, and I want her to be rear-facing for a few years yet. If I go with a smaller seat, I know which I am getting. Just wish I could get one of the 25kg seats and be done with it but it seems like we can't get the recline we need unless anyone has any insight on here.

Laquila Tue 20-Jun-17 17:26:20

The Two Way elite has quite a good recline and is ERF to 25kgs - have you looked at that?

Other the Joie Every Stage is quite compact in the car and has two good recline positions.

malin100 Tue 20-Jun-17 18:14:56

Thanks! We haven't tried it in the car but were told they weren't sure if it would go in another car we use (large 4x4) as the seat has to rest against the one in front. I was also told it was bigger/as big as the Minikid so probably had the same issues.

I looked at the Every Stage too but not keen on lifting over the seatbelt, don't want her in just a booster after she's 18kg (don't mind forward facing then but would prefer a harness to just the seat belt) and it had poor Which test scores as I recall.

Laquila Tue 20-Jun-17 19:28:28

The seat belt is a bit of pain, I won't lie! I've compromised though as it ticked a lot of other boxes. Have you tried asking Margaret at Rear Facing Toddlers for advice?

malin100 Tue 20-Jun-17 20:08:03

She did suggest the Every Stage too!

welshweasel Tue 20-Jun-17 20:09:31

We've got the every stage for similar reasons and I don't find the seatbelt an issue any more. You get used to it really quickly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: