Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

BeSafe iZi GO Modular i-Size by BeSafe Baby Car Seat

(12 Posts)
user1493849740 Wed 03-May-17 23:39:42

Hi all,

New to mumsnet so apologies if I have this post in the wrong section. I had my heart set on buying the maxi cosi pebble plus with the 2-way isofix base only to be told that the seat is compatible with my car but the isofix base is not. So this now leaves me searching again for a decent car seat ideally something that is Isize. I was recommended the besafe izi go modular Isize seat as similar to the maxi cosi I can add a group 1 seat to the same isofix base....but reading reviews I have seen that many are complaining about the headrest being to tight for baby's head. Has anyone got the besafe and would you recommend it.?. I've also looked at cybex aton q but am open to other recommendations. I have also got the flip xt2 pram on order so anything that would be compatible with that is an additional plus for me.. Thanks for your help ladies xx

mainlywingingit Thu 04-May-17 00:04:10

I am obsessed and passionate about car seats and I have done a sqillion hours of research. Here are my thoughts :

I have the Besafe you are talking about and it's on of the safest possible with extended rear facing. It is ISize tested and the iSize test is much higher standard (faster speeds) than the R44.04 (just basic EU regulation which is at lower speed). It is also has the Swedish Test (again faster speeds).

The Cybex sirona is ADAC tested but only R44.04 standard not iSIze so height is limited, it has a short shell (they are addressing this apparently) so they grow out of it too quickly.

I have not noticed any head width issue but I will look again tomorrow and report back. I think it's the safest and best on the market by a long shot. Very pleased with it.

user1493849740 Thu 04-May-17 09:52:00

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the quick response and nice to know that the seat is working well for you.. just a quick thing to confirm are you referring to the group 1 or group 0+ car seat?

mainlywingingit Thu 04-May-17 18:02:13

This in mine - Group 1

mainlywingingit Thu 04-May-17 18:07:06

Definitely no head width issues. With group 0, you don't want their head to swing about in an accident as their necks are so weak, so I should imagine they designed it a bit snugger.

EU regs test at 20mph in to a wall equivalent. Which I don't think is safe enough. If you are driving 40 mph and another car is 40mph - a head on is obviously the equiv of 80mph which is why the Besafe brand is so respected as they test at higher speeds ( also the brand being Swedish as they have long fast roads like these with head on collisions) hence why the ADAC/ Swedish Test is so important.

Hope this helps. I'm a bit mad on Safety- but hey that's having a half German and half Swedish mother for you !

CatchIt Thu 04-May-17 18:09:32

I have this car seat ^^ and I like it. The one thing I don't like about this car seat is that it doesn't recline as much as I'd like when ds is sleeping. He's 10 months now though and I don't do very long journeys.

I started with the Evo Lunafix as I like a baby to lie as flat as possible and I couldn't fit my Jané in the car with dd's car seat too.

CatchIt Thu 04-May-17 18:10:38

Hey mainly I have the same mother combo to you!! Are you my sister?! grin

user1493849740 Thu 04-May-17 18:39:22

Hey guys thank you so much this is really useful. as I am a first time mum to be .. the car seat options are so overwhelming. not sure how much long distance travelling i will be doing in the first year (so lie flat is not 100% mandatory) but i was definitely looking for something isize and something that i can potentially upgrade and keep rear facing as the baby gets bigger. It is good to know that the group 1 seat is working well for you guys. It was actually John Lewis that had some bad reviews re. the group 0 which totally put me off and left me so confused confused
www.johnlewis.com/besafe-izi-go-modular-i-size-group-0-baby-car-seat-black-cab/p2261097?navAction=jump#tabinfo-ratings

CatchIt Thu 04-May-17 19:20:37

The thing with lie flat is that it isn't just about short journeys, it's about them falling asleep and their head looking down and them struggling to breathe.

Personally, I'd always start with lie flat, but the problem is when they outgrow it and you then have to buy another, which is what I did and so ended up with the one you want.

I bought both mine from John Lewis. smile

user1493849740 Thu 04-May-17 22:08:51

Thanks CatchIt, yes you are absolutely right regardless of length of journey safety is the first issue.
Thanks I have seen it in john lewis and also mothercare currently have an offer for the isofix and seat at just under £310.00 for the two so it is very tempting!

mainlywingingit Fri 05-May-17 09:44:37

Yes Catchit it is your sister....

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-May-17 15:38:04

I would recommend lie flat too. There is evidence now that breathing can be compromised within minutes, and tiny babies really struggle to keep their airways open when placed at an angle. The Kiddy lie-flat infant carriers have large seats - larger than say the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus - they will last almost twice as long, and come with an isofix base as well, so they are cost effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now