Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Lie flat car seat

(2 Posts)
Sunisshining12 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:00:19

Can anyone recommend the 'best' lie flat car seats in terms of safety & quality please?

I think they would be better for our LO as we do quite a bit of travelling to see family all over the country & I'd like to be able to keep LO in seat & connect straight to a frame to save waking up & taking a carry cot with me,

LO is 8 weeks, thanks

AmieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Apr-17 13:19:49

Hi Sunisshining,

Sorry your question has gone unanswered. I'm the Reviews Editor here at Mumsnet.

If you're looking for a lie-flat infant car seat, the Kiddy Evo-luna is meant to be very good. It's a pricey model (£389) but it is an i-Size car seat, lie-flat and is compatible with most Kiddy, Bugaboo, iCandy, Baby Jogger travel systems and the UPPAbaby Vista. Full details are listed on the product page (link above).

Slightly cheaper (£220) is the Cybex Cloud Q, which we've seen lots of chatter about. This comes with lots of really nice, extra features such as adjustable headrest to ensure it's the right size for your growing baby and comes with a SPF50+ protection sun canopy built in. However, it's not an i-Size car seat.

And finally, the new Britax Baby Safe i-Size is only £190. It's an i-Size model, complying with the most modern infant car seat regulations in the UK, allows your child to lie flat.

All three of these options come in a variety of colours. But we'd recommend looking into an Isofix base to use with your infant car seat as well, to minimize the risk of installing the car seat incorrectly in your car.

Good luck! Hope you find the car seat that's right for you and your little one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now