Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi cosi pebble - expiry

(5 Posts)
uptown8617 Fri 17-Feb-17 09:29:30

I've been given a maxi cosi pebble by a family member so it's used but I know it's not been in any accidents. Their child is nearly four so I know the seat is at least that old and may be older as I'm not sure if it was used by their first.

My question is whether these car seats have an expiry date and might therefore not be safe to use at any point? I can't see anything in the manual and haven't been able to find anything conclusive online so far. Any thoughts?

Blink1982 Fri 17-Feb-17 23:43:00

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's about ten years before the plastic would start to deteriorate.

user1487372252 Fri 17-Feb-17 23:53:04

There will be a plastic date on it somewhere with two wee circles I think. I don't really know how to read them but sure you can google where to fin them on your model and how to interpret them.

Nan0second Wed 22-Feb-17 10:21:07

I would use it and not think twice! It's at least 10 years.
Our maxi cosi 2 way pearl has come with a life time warrantee(!) so clearly they aren't thinking the plastic will degrade...

uptown8617 Sun 26-Feb-17 23:03:41

Great, thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now