Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Group 1 car seat, belted, easy to move?

(6 Posts)
ACatCalledFang Fri 27-Jan-17 14:08:54

DS is 17 months and is not far off growing out of his Cabriofix (he's small, 9th to 25th centile, head is still below top of seat). The question is, what seat next?

This is complicated as we don't have a car but will be getting one later this year. At present, he needs a seat for at the grandparents' house, and one for at home. We do have an offer of a second hand seat from a trusted friend (BeSafe Izi) but will need to buy one.

So we're looking for something we can move in and out of a car without too much hassle. Grandparents have a Ford Mondeo with Isofix points but we don't have an Isofix base. So I'm assuming belted but could be wrong.

Would like extended rear facing and in view of his weight (around 10 kg maybe but need to check), he'll need to be rear facing for some time anyway).

Any thoughts? Mothercare were fairly useless and only had one seat (Joie nitro?) which met our criteria.

AliceMum09 Fri 27-Jan-17 23:22:44

The Joie Stages would be perfect, it's easy and quick to fit and is pretty 'grandparent proof'! My parents have one in their car for my daughter and niece to share (both about 14.5kgs and 98cm tall, my daughter is a very small nearly 5 year old and my niece is an 'average' nearly 3 year old!).

Mothercare sell the Stages I'm sure, but they are pretty much useless for anything child seat related!

The Stages fits almost any car, sometimes the seatbelt can seem too short at first but there is an easy way around this erfmission.com/joie-stages-too-short-seatbelt-syndrome-fixed-guide/

MustBeLoopy390 Fri 27-Jan-17 23:24:16

We have the Joie Everystage, just like the Stages easy to fit and transfer and worth the money as you won't need to buy another car seat. HTH

NapQueen Fri 27-Jan-17 23:25:14

The Britax Two Way elite is very easy to swap between cars once a set of tethers is attached to each car (can be left on). You get one set with the car seat and can buy an extra set for 20 quid.

welshweasel Sun 29-Jan-17 08:33:05

Joie every stage. No need for tethers either.

ACatCalledFang Sun 29-Jan-17 18:31:47

Thanks so much for your suggestions - looks like Joie Stages or Every Stages it is.

I like the idea of "grandparent-proof" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now