Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Removable toddler car seat covers

(3 Posts)
Hmcx3 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:20:43

Hello,

We're off on holiday in a few weeks and along with the car we have hired two toddler car seats for our kids. The last time we hired a car and car seats the seats themselves were absolutely disgusting - covered in stains, smelt musty etc. This time round I want to be more prepared. Does anyone where I can buy some universal toddler car seat covers? Do these covers even exist?

Thanks! smile

AliceMum09 Fri 06-Jan-17 21:44:12

I don't think they exist, most manufacturers sell their own spare covers specific to each model of seat.

Would you use a dirty, musty car seat for your children in this country? If the seats are that bad who knows how they have been stored or whether they have been in an accident, not to mention how old they are. It's much better to take your own, we are when we go to Majorca in May and we're not even hiring a car, it's just for the transfer minibus. The company we use have provided a seat in the past, but it wasn't fitted correctly (I sorted that part) and the harness couldn't be pulled tight enough or adjusted for height. Plus it looked ancient!

moggle Tue 10-Jan-17 09:04:34

Another option is to hire the car seats separately from the car. Especially if you're going to a place which has lots of british tourists there are often small companies run by expats who supply baby/kid equipment and I've found them in general to be very communicative and helpful and the seats provided have been in great condition compared to seats from car hire companies (my irish friend ordered two group 0/1 seats for her 9mo twins when hiring a car in the UK, and she was presented with two high back boosters as that was all they had - she was properly stuck and had to rely on a very kind stranger to help her out with driving her to toys r us to buy two brand new seats so she could carry on with her journey!!!).

I've only done car seat hire in Ireland and Canada though so couldn't give a personal recommendation unless you're going there. Of course you do still have to trust them, the only way to 100% guarantee is to take your own like Alice says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now