Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax Evolva 1 2 3 ARGGGHH

(8 Posts)
Zombiemum1946 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:26:07

My 6yr lo has vomited on the harness of her car seat . I got the upper part of the harness off to wash but have been unable to get the lower straps off in order to wash them. It almost looks like you have to literally take the seat apart in order to get to them Has anyone found a way to remove them to wash ? I have got the covers off and washed . I can't believe that a car seat would be made that you can't take the harness off to wash !!!

TeaPleaseBob Sun 01-Jan-17 07:49:50

I think you'll have to wash harness with cloth as don't think it comes away completely.

Is your 6 year old under 18kg? Evolva harness only used up to 18kg then it must be used as high back booster with seatbelt (sorry if you know this already)

TeaPleaseBob Sun 01-Jan-17 07:50:17

Bicarbonate of soda solution should get vomit smell out

Iwantedtrianglesnotsquares Sun 01-Jan-17 08:13:55

We have this car seat. The grey straps don't come off completely- which is frustrating when you child is sick. (We have a dd who is very travel sick), but at least you have the piece of mind that the harness is properly attached. We bought the fabric seat belt covers to put over the shoulder pads (if that makes sense), as then when she is sick and we still have some way to travel, the sick smell isn't quite as strong under her nose- plus the holes in the shoulder pads are perfect for holding sick.... then it's only the lower straps that need wiping.
We keep detol wipes in the car to get rid of as much as we can when the accident happens, and then once home, strip all the covers and soak the straps as best we can.
We also sit her on a toilet training pad, so if the seat gets covered, she then doesn't have to sit in a damp seat.

But yes, it is infuriating!

Iwantedtrianglesnotsquares Sun 01-Jan-17 08:15:17

- and take the seat belt covers off when an accident happens.

AndWhat Sun 01-Jan-17 08:18:45

www.britax.co.uk/media/6492/150109_evolva_1-2-3_de_gb_fr_es_pt_it_ru_dk_nl_2.pdf

Also as pp said once they reach 18kg they move to the lap belt not the harness. My 3.5 year old is out of it already!!!

AliceMum09 Sun 01-Jan-17 10:09:47

This link explains how to clean a child seat (it's American, but that doesn't matter).

Usually the harness isn't completely removable because that would mean there was a good chance of a parent accidentally re-fitting it wrongly and putting their child at risk if they were then involved in a collision.

Zombiemum1946 Sun 01-Jan-17 15:21:39

Thanks ladies. I'll weigh her but she probably is big enough to no longer use the harness ( I haven't weighed her since she was a toddler) . She is very small for her age and I suppose I was just being overly cautious. I'll scrub the harness and pack it away as the instruction video shows. Because she is usually a great traveller (unlike me and her brother) I've only had to give it a wipe down and wash the covers for the past few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now