Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

MaxiCosi Axiss?

(4 Posts)
jasperthehamster Tue 20-Dec-16 08:25:30

I have the Maxi Cosi Tobi (second hand from a friend ) at the moment for my 14 month old
I've just been looking at car seats which swivel to let you get them in and out easier, and have found the Axiss.
Is this a good one? Thanks

AliceMum09 Tue 20-Dec-16 09:30:42

A fixed (or swivel, but that's not essential since it's a lot easier to get a toddler into a rear facing seat because the car door is not in your way) rear facing seat would be a better option if you are in the market for buying a new seat for a 14 month old.

If your child is 'average' weight and height an isofix or Joie brand seatbelt-fitted seat will be fine, however if they are taller or heavier you'd need to look at seatbelt-fitted seats with a 25kgs weight limit in order to keep him/her in a 5-point harness until they are old enough to safely use a highbacked booster.

I've used various rear facing seats, I own a Britax Multi Tech II and a Joie Stages and have also tried the Joie Every Stage and the Diono Radian 5. I'd recommend any of them, but I think my favourite is the Multi Tech II, it's very easy to get the child in and out because the seatbelt is out of the way and it has low sides.

jasperthehamster Tue 20-Dec-16 09:46:44

He much prefers FF and it'll
Be that way in exs car as he turned him round a long long time ago (before the guidelines). I also looked at the Cybex ?

jasperthehamster Tue 20-Dec-16 16:45:44

Bump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now