Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which group 2-3 seat

(11 Posts)
Barbeasty Tue 29-Nov-16 14:06:27

Our Britax has literally fallen apart, just outside its 2 year guarantee, so I need to get a new group 2-3 seat. I don't want another Britax!

Which is best out of the Cybex Solution Q2-fix, Maxi-Cosi Rodifix air protect and the Kiddy Smartfix isofix?

Those 3 seem to be reasonably easy to get hold of.

dabchick88 Tue 29-Nov-16 14:12:08

Following this with interest...

FATEdestiny Tue 29-Nov-16 14:14:13

Blimey. Our Group 2/3 carsears (we have two) are 11 years old and have been used by all four of our children in the last decade. I'd be annoyed to get only a couple of years from it. It's a Nania, not a big brand name and is quite a no-frills version, but safe and functional.

Barbeasty Tue 29-Nov-16 21:10:50

Hence the fact I don't really want another Britax!
To be fair the other one we have is fine, so it's probably bad luck.

Mammyofonlyone Wed 30-Nov-16 08:06:24

Following! I've currently got a Cybex and it has always just looked so comfortable for my daughter (and of course safe) so I was just going to get the next stage Cybex one but I would be keen to see what others suggest.

As an alternative, my friend (who always researches everything loads) has just bought this for her daughter and is happy with it http://www.uberkids.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=4895&g=508743&p=508750&d=124&c=4&l=2&utmsource=Google&utmm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=All%20Car%20Seats&gclid=CNGfpbL9z9ACFRMz0wod5vUMaA

BertieBotts Wed 30-Nov-16 08:14:38

I was researching earlier this year and all three of those look good.

The defining factor for me would be to look at them in person and sit your tallest child on it to see how tall it goes.

Barbeasty Wed 30-Nov-16 10:00:04

I do like the look of the reclining headrest on the cybex if it really works.

MissRainbowBrite Wed 30-Nov-16 12:28:10

I've recommended the Cybex Q2 fix a few times on these boards, it really is great.
It's a solid seat, DD is very comfortable in it and yes the head rest really does work, her head never flops forward if she nods off. It isn't the cheapest seat but we figured as DD will probably be in it for at least 4 years it's worth it.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Barbeasty Wed 30-Nov-16 12:36:41

That's good to hear, thanks.

Pricewise I don't think there's more than about £10 between the 3 seats I mentioned, unless you catch one on special offer. Although when we're looking to move DS into one sometime in the next year bringing the total to 3 new seats it starts to feel eyewatering.

BertieBotts Wed 30-Nov-16 12:42:16

We had to replace our Britax HBB too (airline damage, not wear and tear) and we went for a Cybex one but I'm a little bit annoyed that it's not as tall as the Britax. DS is 8 and I've just put the headrest up to the highest position. He's nowhere near 150cm and as we live in Germany that's the limit. (He's almost 135 which is the UK one). I'll probably just have to swap him to a Group 3 only booster when he outgrows the seat, but the Britax one had more room left in it.

It's the isofix that bumps the price up on these. We went non-isofix but I wish I had got one with, I hate the way the seat moves around when he gets in. I did look briefly at the Joie Trillo which has a weird, semi-isofix connector. It looks like there is still some movement though but it might be worth a look.

Barbeasty Sat 03-Dec-16 11:03:34

Just a quick update.

We went for the Cybex Solution Q2-fix.
DD has declared it the most comfortable car seat she's ever had. It certainly looks as though the headrest will stop her lolling and getting cricked necks when she falls asleep on long journeys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now