Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 carseats in mazda 3?

(2 Posts)
babynelly2010 Fri 12-Aug-16 22:09:53

Hi,
Is it possible to safely fit 6 year old, 3 year old and a baby in a rear seat of a small car like mazda 3? How?

Tiggywunkle Mon 15-Aug-16 10:48:08

Is your front seat free? If so, I would put the 6 year old in the front, with the airbag turned off. Otherwise you will need to put the baby in their infant carrier ideally behind the passenger seat, the 3 year old behind the driver, and the 6 year old in the centre on whatever seat you can fit in there. A high backed booster if possible, but if not a booster cushion - the Bubblegum and Mifold fit in smaller spaces. But I would only use the latter if none of the others are options.
Once the baby comes out of the infant carrier, I would have a reshuffle as I would not have a child on a booster cushion between two forward facing car seats because of the risk of upper body and facial injuries - I would put this child then at one side if possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now