Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Britax Dualfix

(4 Posts)
facepalming Fri 15-Jul-16 10:19:12

I've just moved my 6.5 month old into this seat (inherited from his older brother!) but when he falls asleep his head is frighteningly far forward straight onto his chest.

Any one else had this problem? any suggestions?

The infant insert is until 6 months so I've got it out but maybe it would help to put it back??

captaincake Fri 15-Jul-16 13:56:36

In a 6 month old it's less of a concern. But is it reclined the entire way back, in the 0-13kg mode, the leg to the floor not too tall, straps correct height and tight enough, no bulky clothing and not wearing anything with a hood?

facepalming Fri 15-Jul-16 14:14:43

Hi captaincake thanks for the reply! It is reclined all the way back, straps are good and no hood - just t-shirt and soft trousers. Google keeps pointing to the leg - the green marker shows its correct but I will take a look and see if I can shorten it keeping the green indicator ok.

Is the head to chest not such a concern at his age then? (sorry I'm not sure - you read so much about positional asphyxiation it's terrifying!) his head goes so far forward it looks awful sad

AliceMum09 Fri 15-Jul-16 17:47:26

I'd see what happens if you put the insert back in. 6 months can only be a guide, so your son might still need it if he's not a bigger-than-average baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now