This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi Easyfix base

(6 Posts)
Wobblywheels Wed 22-Jun-16 21:29:38

Hi hoping someone can clarify my deep confusion!

Have a Maxi Cosi Easyfix base which we use with a Cabriofix seat but dd is now close to moving up and I wanted to find out if there are any follow on seats which are compatible with the Easyfix base. How do I find this out?

Also, if (as I suspect) the answer to the above is no, how do I find out which group 1 seats are compatible with the Easyfix base in terms of being able to sell the base on? Or should this not be my problem!

Finally, with all the changes to car seat advice how on earth does one make a decision for next stage seats, does anyone have any experience regarding rear facing seat for group 2 upwards in a relatively small car (Audi A1)... Can't imagine how it would fit in!

Claraoswald36 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:31:21

Only cradle maxi cosi seats for on the base. List it in eBay you will be a good price for it I did

Anotherdayanotherdollar Wed 22-Jun-16 21:38:41

I don't think that any next stage seats are compatible. The cabriofix is a group 0+ AFAIK the pebble is compatible but you could check the maxicosi website.
I'm not sure about the new guidelines but I think babies less than 15 months need to be kept rear facing. Rear facing is safer and should be encouraged for as long as possible. Maybe a Facebook group might be able to advise? Some of the main high street stores aren't really on board with extended rear facing. Would putting the seat in the front passenger seat be an option? Airbag would need to be disabled.

chalky3 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:44:33

No, it's only compatible with the stage 0 maxicosi baby seat that you have. The family fix one does the next stage. Sell it and put the money towards a new seat

MadeinBelfast Wed 22-Jun-16 21:45:38

This website is helpful to find out about rear facing seats. They'll give good advice over the phone if you can't get to their small number of branches. I use the Britax 2-way elite which is quite compact and then can become forward facing as your child grows.
incarsafetycentre.co.uk

Wobblywheels Thu 23-Jun-16 14:23:50

Thanks people smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now