Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cabriofix or pebble - what is the actual difference?

(9 Posts)
LotsofDots Wed 15-Jun-16 20:19:16

We had a cabriofix with DD1 and 2, but it has gone to the place where 8 year old car seats go and we need to get a new one for imminent DC3. What is the actual difference between a pebble and a cabriofix and which do people recommend please? (Sticking with maxi cosi as compatible with our pram and had a generally good experience with them before)

LotsofDots Wed 15-Jun-16 21:57:34

Anyone?

welshweasel Wed 15-Jun-16 22:01:08

No idea but have you looked at the pebble plus? It's isize compliant and uses the same isofix base as the 2 way pearl which can be rear facing til 4. Not sure if that's a consideration for you but thought I'd mention it!

LotsofDots Wed 15-Jun-16 22:08:22

I think I've ruled out the pebble plus. My children so far have both been tall and light, and I suspect would get too long for the pebble plus way before they get too heavy for the other 2, and the fact the base basically ties you in to the pearl for the next stage seems a bit sneaky, also the two way pearl can only be used with the base, and never with a seatbelt which is a pain if you ever need to switch cars for a short journey or something.

TheDisreputableDog Wed 15-Jun-16 22:09:13

Cabriofix is lighter and when we looked had slightly better safety ratings but comes in less fancy colour choices. As I recall the cabriofix fits the same bases as the pebble including the 2-way family fix.

HTH

LotsofDots Wed 15-Jun-16 22:28:37

Thank you. I can't understand for the life of me why they have 3 different infant carriers in one brand, or why they would introduce one with slightly worse safety ratings! So confusing. I do not give a single hoot about the range of colours. grin

TheDisreputableDog Wed 15-Jun-16 23:01:29

That's what we thought!

Correios Wed 15-Jun-16 23:06:16

I've had both, they are pretty similar but the pebble has straps that stick out so its easier to find them to do it up.
Also think the pebble is slightly larger, my two year old is still in the pebble with room above his head. I'm sure the Cabrio didn't last this this long

TheDisreputableDog Thu 16-Jun-16 14:58:42

Wow, we were out of Cabrio at 10m, although my DD is 98th percentile for height! 2 years is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now