This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cybex Q Fix

(7 Posts)
Quickchangeup Mon 23-May-16 11:15:31

Please could I have some real life opinions of this seat? I need to buy one for DD but I keep going round in circles. I like this for the reclining headrest and the fact the width adjusts as id hate to spend so much and the seat become unusable a couple of years down the line.
Are you happy with this seat?

MissRainbowBrite Mon 23-May-16 13:05:16

We got one for DD about a month ago. Really happy with it so far, we have the Solution Q2 Fix Plus.
The fabrics lovely, the seat is easy to fit, DD is comfy in it and the reclining headrest works brilliantly at keeping DD's head back.
Sorry I can't advise on how well it would fit a few years down the line but it has lots of adjustment so can't see why it wouldn't fit until DD no longer needs it. Hope that helps.

Quickchangeup Mon 23-May-16 13:32:04

Thank you, that's really helpful. Can I ask where you bought it? Seems hard to find anywhere with it in stock!

MissRainbowBrite Mon 23-May-16 14:57:43

Got it from Uber Kids but had to wait 5 weeks for it and kick up holy stink! They took my money the day it was ordered and weren't bothered I had no seat and was out of pocket.
I spoke to Cybex themselves and they did admit they were having supply issues especially with the plus fabric.
Try some of the German children's car seat sites as that was going to be my next step if Uber didn't sort themselves out. I found one for around the same as UK prices even with a delivery charge. I'll try and find the site for you.

Quickchangeup Mon 23-May-16 16:45:56

Ah thank you. I had seen it on uber kids but wasn't sure as had never heard of them before! It seems as though the safer seats are harder to get hold of which is odd.

MissRainbowBrite Mon 23-May-16 18:36:28

Are you after a particular colour?
Try contacting Cybex directly, they were very helpful and will do their best to point you in the right direction or tell you when stock is due in from Germany.

Quickchangeup Mon 23-May-16 20:58:52

No not after a particular colour really, just locally I can only find the Autumn gold which is erm an interesting colourway! However I'm more focused on safety and comfort obviously! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now