Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Extended rear facing, seat belt fitted seats?

(11 Posts)
Changingagain Tue 17-May-16 21:41:24

We are using the maxi cosi 2 way system for DS. I found it quite easy to chose as I new I wanted isize seats but now we need one for DM's car and she doesn't have isofix. I'd still like to get a rear facing seat though and I'm really struggling to find suitable options.

DS is almost 9 months, DM's car is a 2001 fabia. She will be looking after DS one day a week so while it's not in everyday use it will be used often and on rural roads.

I'd be really grateful for any recommendations.

KatharinaRosalie Tue 17-May-16 21:43:33

I have this one, seat belt fitted and will fit a child up to 125 cm tall shop.carseat.se/car-seats/axkid-minikid.html

mrsb26 Tue 17-May-16 21:46:28

Joke Stages is £150, rear facing til up to age 4 and fitted with seat belt smile

mrsb26 Tue 17-May-16 21:46:43

Argh I meant Joie

Daffydil Tue 17-May-16 21:48:21

We have the britax maxway. Excellent seat, goes up to 25kg.

We have the Joie stages as a spare for grandparents etc. The Joie is easier to fit, but the britax has a lot more room and seems far more comfortable.

mangocoveredlamb Tue 17-May-16 21:48:31

There is a brilliant Facebook group called Rear Facing - the way forward, it's got a comprehensive list of seats with fitting/weights etc etc

Namelessbabe Tue 17-May-16 21:49:48

Britax Two Way Elite. You can order by phone from In Car Safety Centre. £220 and free delivery. Long lasting as it harnessed to 25kg and has a tall shell. Fits 99.99% of cars (easily) too.

Snooksbury Tue 17-May-16 21:50:36

Joie stages is good. Can be turned around if needed too

blamethecat Tue 17-May-16 21:51:43

We have the Britax max way. Ds is almost 3 and still had plenty of room. I think it is actually a relatively small seat shell so fits lots of cars. If you can get to an in car safety centre they will advise/try/fit seats for you.

GVmama Sun 22-May-16 15:11:44

The Joie tilt is erf now to aged 3 or 4 and uses the seat belt. We recently bought one for around £65 and we're really impressed. It is narrow, which is good as we have 3 children in the back all in car seats.

AndNowItsSeven Sun 22-May-16 15:13:37

Yes joie tilt erf until age four and £65.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now