Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which booster for 8/9 year old

(6 Posts)
lizzy257 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:17:13

I need to buy a new seat for 8.5 year old, and want to keep him in a high back booster for now. We're currently using a Britax Kidfix from a few years ago, so I'm thinking I'll go with isofix/fit again.

Currently looking at the Britax Kidfit SL and the Graco Affix, and I was inclined towards the Britax as we've always had Britax, but it's almost double the price of the Graco, so I'm wondering is it worth paying the extra for it, when he's already over 8?

Has anyone any experience of either of these and which would you recommend? Thanks

dementedpixie Thu 10-Mar-16 21:23:36

Can he not stay in the existing seat?

lizzy257 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:27:37

Sorry, I should have said - the seat is damaged slightly, so don't want to take a chance with it. Would rather just replace it.

MyBootsAreMuddy Fri 11-Mar-16 09:55:22

Personally I'd go for the Britax. We have the older version of the kidfix and it's been a brilliant seat. We plan on getting the new version when ds3 is big enough(won't be for a while yet as although nearly 6 he is the average size of a 2 yr old).
I like that the newer version do sent have the horn/arm bits as it it will make it easier for older do to strap themselves in and if you needed anot her seat beside it there is more space to get your hand down to the buckle.
I don't like the look of the Graco one as I'm not a fan of boosters that you can take the backs off to make it a backless one. That type are also a PITA when moving between cars as often the back falls off and you have to put it back together again. Also I don't think it looks as sturdy as the Britax (this is purely going by pics of the graco as haven't seen it in the 'flesh').

MrGrumpy01 Mon 14-Mar-16 22:47:20

In what way is it damaged? If the polystyrene is cracked Britax sell replacement parts. We have 2 kidfixes and it had snapped on both. To fully replace all the polystyrene (the head rest and side supports) was around £12 for each seat.

If it isn't this that is the issue, then I apologise.

Artandco Wed 16-Mar-16 11:37:02

I like the concord transformer xt for that age. It adjusts well width wise as well as up

Or Cybex solution is what we have. But eldest is 6 years so not experience of it for older

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now